Saturday, December 9 10:45am-5:15pm thru
Sunday, December 10 10:45am-5:15pm
In this workshop Leslie Kaminoff, the author of the top-selling book Yoga Anatomy will cover the most essential aspects of theory and practice from his unique, anatomically-informed perspective on the breath-centered yoga of Krishnamacharya and Desikachar. The energetic phenomenon of breathing will be discussed and students will gain a deeper understanding of the anatomy, kinesiology and physiology of breathing.
This workshop will address:
• How breathing occurs on every level – from cells to systems and beyond,
• The basics of breath physiology,
• The structure and function of the diaphragm,
• The key structures involved in breathing,
• How breath coordinates with and supports movement,
• The misunderstood concept of «maximal oxygenation», i.e. the truth about oxygen and carbon dioxide, hyperventilation, and metabolic loads,
• The physiology of meditative states,
• What anatomy is,
• Western and yogic models of anatomy and physiology,
• The physical correlates of the koshas, chakras, nadis and kundalini.