Enjoy close encounters with Scripps Institution of Oceanography scientists and search the galleries for unusual underwater creatures rarely seen at Birch Aquarium.
Discover a sea of glowing beasts (big and small), get sticky with slime, and enjoy spooky stories, all while boo-gieing down to live music and having a monstrously good time.
Recommended for ages 2+
* Scripps Institution of Oceanography Scientists showcasing exciting, and sometimes spooky, research!
* Slime: Make your own seaweed slime to take home
Frankensquid: Get up close and personal with a huge Humboldt Squid and learn what makes it unique inside and out
3-D microscope: experience the smallest amazing 3-D microscope developed by Scripps Oceanography scientists.
* Spooky species including skeleton shrimp and sea spiders
Community organizations will be coming with their own games, activities, and giveaway.
* Those in a family-friendly costume will win a prize.
* Glowing critters witness creatures that create their own light and glow in the deep, dark ocean.
* Story time youngsters can gather around and listen to a spooky (but not too spooky) shipwreck tale.
* Enjoy creepy crafts that are fun for all ages!
* BOO-gie down all evening to the live music of Billy Lee and the Swamp Critters!
Birch Aquarium Members: Pre-Sale $13.50
Public: Pre-Sale $18.50
Door (all): $20
Free for children 2 and under.
Please note that general admission tickets cannot be used for Haunted Aquarium. You will need to purchase a separate ticket for the special event. The aquarium closes between 5 and 6 p.m.