Hosted by Jeffrey Platts & Johnny Blackburn
Circling or Authentic Relating Is a way of communicating and relating with another or a small group of human being that allows for deeper connection and presence. This unique, beautiful and profound practice, is sort of like a relational meditation, that allows for more connection and awareness.
Equal parts improv conversation, art form, and interpersonal meditation, the purpose of Circling is twofold:
1. CONNECTION: The experience of feeling safe, accepted, open & “being seen” as we are expressing our authentic selves is one of the most rewarding experiences we can have as human beings, and Circling provides a safe contain for us to see and celebrate each person for the unique flavor they bring to the world.
2. AWARENESS: Circling provides a container that also supports enhanced awareness deeper and wider aspects of ourselves and others. It helps us see and appreciate more beauty and nuance in others and can reveal “relational blind spots” (places where we may push away the depth of connection and intimacy that’s possible). There are certain dimensions of our personal sevles that can only be seen, felt and known in the safe acceptance of relational presence with others and to this end Circling can be an essential relational practice for greater Awareness & Freedom.
Through this fresh, direct-experience, in-the-moment process, we have more choice about how we respond because we’re aware of our blind spots.
You may be interested if you are:
— in relationship and want to deepen with your partner…
— single, and looking to attract someone to explore deeper connection with…
— looking to be able to create faster rapport & deeper connection with ANYONE–family, friends, prospective clients…
1. This event will be capped at a small number of spaces. An advanced ticket is required to reserve your spot:
2. Please arrive between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. Circling will begin PROMPTLY at 7:00pm. No one will be admitted after 7pm, so please plan accordingly.
3. Wear clothes that are comfortable.
4. Please plan to arrive early/on time and stay for the full duration of the event. There are a limited number of spaces available, so please only purchase a ticket if you are able to arrive on time and attend for the FULL duration of the evening.
5. This event is for adults 18+.
6. All tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7:00pm DOORS CLOSE AT 7:00PM *SHARP*
7pm to 9:30pm Circling
$15 advance (by Monday, July 9 at 10pm PT)
$25 at door if available
(Ticket purchase is required to reserve a spot)
More about Circling:
ABOUT THE CO-HOSTS
Johnny Blackburn is a developmental coach, author, speaker & event facilitator specializing in helping people awaken greater potential & living from deeper presence & connection in work, love & life. Blackburn’s original background in Management Consulting, Master’s degree in Psychology, more than 3000 client-coaching hours as a Professionally Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation & hundreds of hours facilitating groups & live experiential events all combine to provide an integrated approach to embodied transformational experiences and skill-building for practical work, love & life applications. He provides a safe & playfully challenging experiential container with heightened presence & openness enabling participants to experience greater possibilities within themselves & deeper intimacy with others.
Personally, Johnny enjoys many forms of movement, martial arts, surfing, dancing Tango, being outdoors, reading, learning, laughing, preparing and eating delicious slow food, local community gatherings, traveling the world, going to festivals, having authentic conversations with friends, loved ones & “strangers”, and being still. More at http//johnnyblackburn.net
Jeffrey Platts is a dating & relationship coach with one mission: to help single good men remember that they belong and are worthy of being in a relationship with an amazing, well-matched woman, NO MATTER what flavor of healthy masculinity they embody. With over 24 years of personal study and transformational training, he has led nearly 200 workshops and retreats on personal growth, dating, and communication. Jeffrey's work and writing has been featured in the Huffington Post, Washington Post, ABC News, Authentic Man Program and the Good Men Project. He brings a rich, results-based toolbox of insights and experiences to his facilitation, integrating his adventures as DJ, amateur stand-up comedian, salsa dancer, yoga teacher and world traveler. More at http://jeffreyplatts.com